PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing

kerry Ben-David
07-12-2010, 11:25 PM
The connection going into the hot water line at the kitchen sink presents a problem.. (1996 Tourmaster 39 ft #8393) The plastic nut which tightens the rubber nipple which seals the flexible line to the fixed copper final section has cracked. I glued it but find that it does not fit over the copper ridge at the end of the flexible section. This must be fairly common problem. What's the fix??? Really love to get to the bottom of this. No dealerships near by. THANKS, Kerry Ben-David

Curt Krueger
07-13-2010, 05:32 PM
kerry,
One thing I have found is that the manufactured home business uses alot of the same type of fittings as the rv industry does. I am not quite sure what it is that you are trying to fix, but I'd bet money that if you have a mobile home dealer with a parts department nearby that alot of your plumbing is available from them.

Just a thought, good luck,

Curt

kerry Ben-David
07-13-2010, 09:18 PM
Thanks so much for your help. Kerry

RJ82much
07-14-2010, 12:57 PM
Kerry,

Just to let you know, I think is is that same fitting failed me last summer.... in the middle of the night. The floor was flooded, the flooring buckled, I was really upset about the mess once I determined the cause was an over-tightened nylon fitting.

I took the cracked piece to several RV supply stores & eventually to (I think) Home Depot or Lowes & replaced with brass fittings & adaptors.

It is actually a directional valve, the same that is used to prevent developing a vacuum in your fresh water tank. I was temporarily able to swap them out. Soon as I got out shopping, I purchased the brass directional valve, though had to purchase nylon adaptors (another weak link).

The directional valve is required to prevent emptying the hot water tank with your electric elements energized. (poof!)

sallyyoung32
05-12-2011, 04:01 AM
Kerry; if still can drop you some pre-defined scan domestic plumbing diagrams if you insist that the plumbing bug is not yet fixed.

jhonedon35
09-26-2012, 06:38 AM
It is a common problem. I'm still searching for a comprehensive manual. Guys, a little help here.

graham77
11-02-2012, 06:31 AM
It is not as easy it seems. You should keep in view the entire plumbing apex. A comprehensive diagram can serve you well. Try this approach.