PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Tour Master with Mercedes Question

Luckiest Dreamer
07-26-2010, 11:42 PM
I got a dash warning that said water in fuel. I suspect that draining the water/fuel separator is the first thing I should try. There is a yellow canister mounted on the passenger side of the transmission with a fuel drain. Is that the separator? will draining it generally do the trick? Is there a reset on the dash warning?
Quick answer will help as I am traveling in Canada and expect to be at this location only 1 day. What kind of trouble will I be in should I continue down the road until I find a service shop?

rescue7
07-27-2010, 08:25 AM
The clear yellow canister is on the bottom of the fuel filter.It collects the water and the sensor is inside. Drain off some fuel and this should reset the dash light.
But the big question is did you just fuel up. You could have gotten a bad bunch of fuel and this could come back. Hopefully you wont have to pump out tank of bad fuel.

Good luck

Don

Luckiest Dreamer
07-27-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks Don.
I was able to call a Freightliner service center that is 70 miles up the road and he confirmed that your answer is right on! Hopefully the fuel won't prove to be bad. I still have nearly 75 gallon in the tank. Fuel in Canada is not cheap and I do not want to have to drain it @ $1.20 per liter!