PDA

View Full Version : Strange AC issue

B44D
08-09-2010, 09:33 AM
I have a SN 6372. I leave it plugged in when it is stored. The other day I noticed a loud buzzing. It was the front AC compressor (the fan wasn't running). The thermostat was turned off, with the fan on auto. I switched the fan on and it came on. How can the compressor run if the thermostat is off?
It is still under warranty, but from what I've read on this forum, the dealers are a crap-shoot for solving AC issues...
Thanks for any input.

Texas TC
08-09-2010, 05:28 PM
I recently had an issue with my rear a/c where the compressor would run and the fan did not. I could run the fan separately but it did not run with the compressor engaged. Mc Clain's in Denton diagnosed and repaired the problem for me. I turned out the be a bad fan motor.

Your issue confuses me because your system was turned off at the time that the compressor was running. I think you might have a problem with your thermostat and with your fan motor.

Since you are in Dallas, I would suggest your let Rick at Mc Clain's in Denton give it a shot. He is a certified Prevost repair technician and I have found him to be one of the best tech's in the area.

Good luck!