PDA

View Full Version : front end clunk

frank
08-12-2010, 12:23 PM
i get a noise/clunk from the front end - feels like it is comming from the passenger side-like when i turn the wheel ,to make a turn from a stop. And noticed that on good pavement she rides smooth but on rough road its a rough ride /hits hard no shake in the steering wheel,new tires /shocks last year and has about 46000 miles on coach -is this normal or what---what up front should i be looking at for wear or ????????????

mikeipm
08-12-2010, 08:05 PM
tie rods and bushings probably need to be replaced.

RayChez1
08-12-2010, 08:23 PM
It could be a bad shock absorber.

MissBehavin
08-13-2010, 10:34 AM
Sounds like a tie rod. Always try to have the coach moving when cranking steering wheel. Easier on rods and bearings.

RayChez1
08-15-2010, 10:51 PM
Well, I had a clunk on the drivers side. I had heard it about three or four times so I was not really concerned, but it made me wonder what it could be because I had never heard that before. I was lubricating all the fitting on the chassis and I noticed that on the front sway bar one of the short rods that is attached to the sway bar and on to the frame had a rubber groumet washer missing right where it goes onto the frame. That is what was causing the clunk I was hearing on rough roads. What it is doing is hitting medal on medal causing the noise. I ordered the groumet through the internet for a cost of .99 cents plus $9.00 shipping. Maybe that is the same problem you might have on your coach.