PDA

View Full Version : another newbie question - sewer line

Just Harleys
08-19-2010, 03:51 PM
We just bought our 37? 2003 Sun Voyager in June, and I have plenty of sewer line from our last travel trailer. There is a hole with a treaded cap in the bottom of the compartment where the water and sewer hook ups are, but this hole is too small in diameter to accept a standard sewer line with the twist on type connectors on each end. Did GS make a special sewer line to fit the hole? Thanks.

holmesaw
08-19-2010, 04:44 PM
Nope, thats the way it is. Pretty dumb but no fitting I have found will go thru that hole. Most just open the door and don't use that hole. I made a connector with the curved pipe that goes into the campground sewer pipe.
Attached it to the inside of that hole with a threaded piece normally used in toilet that I found in surplus store. Works ok. Heres hoping I don't drag it off somewhere.

larrybell
08-19-2010, 05:31 PM
I picked up a "new" type of sewer hose at Camping World that will fit through the hole. The sewer hose had female fittings on the hose that couple with a male fitting. The male coupling fits through the hole.

Just Harleys
08-20-2010, 06:59 AM
Thanks for the feedback on the sewer line.

Ben, Tampa FL

RJ82much
08-20-2010, 10:26 PM
I must confess that this problem bugs me as well. I am sooo tired of pulling my yucky hose INTO the sewer compartment so that I can rinse it out to stow.