PDA

View Full Version : cover for plywood under bed

50kw
07-15-2006, 01:43 PM
Hi all,

The slide under the bed is sharp and will break the skin. The plywood is not cut smooth. It has a lot of spliters along the edge.

What have you folks done to cover or repair this problem other than remove the mattress and file everything smooth.

I will appreciate any advise you may have.

Duncan

GStream40
07-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Our 04 came from the factory with the carpet like material coverin it that I have seen on some of the GS motorhomes ceilings.

The 03 that we used to have did not have anything on it like yours. I radiused the corners and use a sander on the rough edges.

Personally I like the carpet like material we have on the 04. Seems to hold the matress in place better.

Maybe you could get some of this material from Gulf Stream, I believe it must have a self stick backing on it.

Ron

50kw
07-17-2006, 03:20 PM
Thanks for the information. I will try it.

Duncan

mudman1959
10-04-2011, 05:44 PM
We extended our bed frame 6 inches to accommodate a full size Queen mattress. I replaced the 1/4 inch osb with 1/2 inch and covered the platform with a indoor/outdoor 5 x 7 foot carpet stapled down to the platform. This protects the bottom of the mattress and keeps it from sliding around when traveling. Next will be a couple of gas struts to assist opening up the platform for stored items underneath it. Lee

Gordon Freeman
07-15-2012, 10:06 PM
Hi all,

The slide under the bed is sharp and will break the skin. The plywood is not cut smooth. It has a lot of spliters along the edge.

What have you folks done to cover or repair this problem other than remove the mattress and file everything smooth.

I will appreciate any advise you may have.

Duncan

hello mate! I'm sorry if my post here is too late. I'm interested at the topic here. What I did when I have this problem was I measured the whole bed and mattress then bought some replacement for this. Cheers! :D