PDA

View Full Version : Fresh water tank for Cavalier

lascassas_camper
08-29-2010, 11:44 PM
Is there supposed to be a fresh water tank in our GS Cavalier? If so where does it go and how do you plumb it in factory style?

Our unit has the FEMA floor plan with holding tanks and we love the larger feeling layout. But i would like to have a fresh water tank.

BTW, i sold my Airstream to buy the GS Cavalier (FEMA Special) so far we love it! The open floorplan and automatic water heater, AC & furnace are great. Its a little heavier, but actually tows very well...so far. (knock on wood)

Redrider1500
09-02-2010, 09:56 PM
There isn't "supposed" to be any tanks one way or another. Most have no fresh or waste water tanks. Sounds like you got lucky having one with waste water, as many sites have water supply and at least 30 amp service, you're good to go for a lot of sites!
Best case is to put it somewhere near axles or where it balances well, although under the bunks is appearing very appealing to me. From there you can put an external fill very easily, as well as jump onto a supply line in the bathroom to pressurize the water system. That also would serve as a easy place to maintain it - as well as climate control it.