PDA

View Full Version : Slide operation

Nutravlr
10-14-2010, 11:04 PM
Have bought a used Endura diesel that seems in all respects well done. However a friend with a travel trailer said that the bedroom slide seems to move out not smoothly but with some jerky type of motion. He suggests getting it serviced. I am new to this, any ideas if this is a problem.....opening with less than very smooth movement?

Georunner
10-18-2010, 09:54 AM
I had to carefully lubricate the gears, metal slides etc on my slide out. I squeaked some, and was "jearky". On my Super Nove, the dinning room slide was not easy to get everything lubricated. I used lithium grease on the gears, and silicon slide lubircant on the parts that rub. I would give that a try before paying for an adjustment. However, slides do sometimes need adjustment.

Nutravlr
10-18-2010, 10:03 AM
Thanks Georunner. I learned from two retailers that the movement not unusual with non-hydraulic slides so I guess normal. Another suggested lube on the mechanism, but since it is sealed on the outside, I need to figure how to get to the mechanisms. Perhaps under the bed. I see you have a SuperNova. First one I saw I followed to see what it was. At the time had begun to look for a Class C and of course they are not that size though similar shape. Really looks great. Thanks for the response.