PDA

View Full Version : Winterization

01dale
10-15-2010, 08:03 PM
Not sure where I'm storing my recent purchase (2010 Mako 27 FRBW) but may need to winterize for the first time. I have done this on our previous Shasta 265 but wondered if I should be doing anything different on this unit. If I decide to store in heated storage should I do ANYTHING before parking the unit for the next 6 months? (Hate to be seperated for so long!) Pulling the battery comes to mind as well as the usual once over. Any help or direction would be appreciated. :shock:

GStream40
10-15-2010, 08:29 PM
If I was storing in a heated storage, I would blow out all the water lines, make sure all tanks were completely empty, uncluding the water heater.
WHY?? Just in case for some reason the heating unit would breakdown or loose heat for some reason.

But I would also pump anti-freeze in the water lines and dump a cup or so down the drains.
Remove the batteries and put them on a Battery Tender for the winter.
Increase the air pressure in tires to their max limit on the sidewalls for storage. Place Bounce Fabric sheets around inside and also in the storage compartments. Makes a nice smelling RV and according to some helps keep the rodents out, they don't like the smell.

In other words, If it was mine, I would winterize it just like I would when storing outside in the cold. But that is me! :D :D

Ron