PDA

View Full Version : Driver Side Mirror Sricks Out Too Far

Hugh G
11-08-2010, 08:21 PM
I recently purchased a 2005 BT Cruiser model 5290 and it seems to me that the driver side mirror sticks out too far and likely to impact something. This is my first RV and I'm trying to get oriented/safe with it. It's on a Ford chassis. I don't know the mirror manudfacturer.
Any thoughts on how to adjust the mirror/mirror arm on this particular model? Thanks

jmj437
11-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Hugh

I have a 2004 BT Cruiser, model 5270. How far does you mirror arm stick out from where it is attach to the door? Does the arm swing in close to the window if you have to fold the mirrors. I just went out to the RV and measured my mirror assembly.
The arm (only) measures 17 1/2 inch in length and total length is 20 1/2 including the mirror head. I find that the mirror work OK.

Hope this helps...........................

JJ

jmj437
11-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Hugh.

Mirror for you GS......... I took another look at my mirror's today. At bottom of mirror is the name "Velvac" I google it and came up with lots and lots of mirror on there web page. Now, your job is to find the correct one for you unit.

There is a phone number where you can call them on this matter. GOOD LUCK..........................

Hope this helps...........................

JJ

Hugh G
11-11-2010, 05:13 PM
JJ, thanks for your help. My mirror pivots and measures about the same as yours. Photos of the 5270 also appear to be the same mirror. I'm sure I'll be able to get used to it with time. Thanks again

Hugh

jmj437
11-13-2010, 12:20 PM
Hugh,

Yes, it does take time to get use to using those mirrors but there are a life saver on the road. Glad I could help. Took my RV for a little ride today. I try to drive is around for a while about every 14 days or so. Start the generator and load it up just to make sure it is OK. So far so good.

Happy RVing.
JJ