PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Gulfstream Sun Voyager SE Removeable of Bedroom TV

arndt
11-15-2010, 08:36 AM
Has anyone tried to take out the TV in a 2005 Sun Voyager SE? The front have screws with plugs but the back the screws seem to be countersunk inside where you can not get them. Please help!!! :oops:

arndt
11-15-2010, 06:40 PM
For anyone with this problem we finally had to cut the screws and pull the frame out it was a real chore. My husband had to use a cutting blade and then pry until it finally let loose.[/img]

RJ82much
11-15-2010, 11:26 PM
You are tackling a very sticky chore. I spent an immeasurable amount of time trying to figure how in the heck the TV was held in place. As I recall:

* remove the faceplate, held with 4 screws.

* remove the 2 side trim pieces, each held with 2 screws

* underneath the side trim pieces, you will find 2 more long screws on each side. I think they held the metal TV bracket &/or the partical board base from sliding out of the openeing.

* Behind the TV, & I forget how I reached it, is a (very tough) plastic band, like strapping. This strapping prevented the TV from falling out of the opening. I remember reaching in somehow & cutting it with a diagonal cutter.

I struggled so much, reaching dead-ends, that I forget the exact procedure. Once you get to the point of sliding the TV out of the hole, you need another 2 hands to unplug all of the wires. Keep track of which RCA plugs go where! They are not marked or color coded.

I am assuming your intent is to replace the TV with an LCD. Good luck again. Until I could figure all the construction & mounting details I placed a small LCD on the alcove shelf under my entertainment center (in front of the mirror). The wall mount amplifier (red light) has an unused, un-identified F connector that can be used to run a cable to the TV. AC Power is available on that alcove shelf. Since the LCD was slightly larger than the opening, I was able to wedge it securly in & run a piece of black webbing across the face for traveling. We came all the way across the country with this setup.

arndt
11-17-2010, 06:28 PM
The problem with mine is that it was not screwed through the front of the frame we had to use a cutting wheel and cut the screws to get them out
If I could fiqure out how to put pictures I could show you.[/img]

RJ82much
11-18-2010, 05:01 AM
Whoooops, I just realized you were referring to the bedroom TV, not the front. My removal description was for the front.

Sounds like mounting changed between 2005 & 2006. My bedroom TV was straight-forward to remove. I popped the 4 wooden plugs, unscrewed the screws to drop the "picture frame" face plate. The TV just set on the cabinet base with 2 metal brackets to capture it & prevent movement. Unscrewing the brackets was straight-forward as well. I seem to recall a strange piece of wood across the top.

Anyway, the factory hold-down didn't work very well as the TV tended to move about. Maybe they tried to "fix" it!