PDA

View Full Version : Rear view mirrors on GS Friendship g7

RobSlar
01-04-2011, 04:05 PM
Is there any skinny on these hang down from the top rear view mirrors on the Friendship G7 models? Am buying a 2004 and wondering if there were any viewing problems with grasshopper antennae type mirrors or do they do the job fine? Appreciate any input. Thanks

ellerich
01-06-2011, 09:30 AM
I have a 2005 Friendship G7. I had the hang down mirrors, but I'm not sure what grasshopper mirrors are. At any rate, I could not see anything along side the motorhome. I replaced them with Velvac side mirrors

HarleyWJones
01-21-2011, 12:12 PM
I currently have the mirrors you asked about.

These mirrors are probably the single most thing about this coach that I hate. I get in a bad mood just walking past it on the pad. The strange looks and finger pointing you get from other campers is worth taking pictures of, which I do regularly.

They are undoubtedly the worst mirrors I have ever seen. They sit right in the curved corner of the windshield so anything you might accidentally see is very distorted. They sit so high that the windshield tint obscures what view you do have. In addition to being worthless, they make noise at any speed above 50mph. I have tightened and adjusted and still they vibrate.

I would add the Velvac mirrors if:
(1) I could afford them, and
(2) I could figure out what to do with the hangdown mirrors.

My DW already says it looks like the Hulk with his arms hanging down. I have added side view cameras that helps the problem more than the additional mirrors would I think. Hacking into the rear monitor feed and switching the cameras is a challenge unless you do that sort of stuff, which I do.

Mardie Noble
11-11-2020, 10:08 AM
I have a 2005 Friendship G7. I had the hang down mirrors, but I'm not sure what grasshopper mirrors are. At any rate, I could not see anything along side the motorhome. I replaced them with Velvac side mirrors

Do you remember what model of Velvac mirror you used for replacement, I'm looking to replace my useless grasshopper mirrors.

Dennis4809
11-23-2020, 10:30 PM
Have used these mirrors and think them to be barely functional. Do most of the looking via the convex portion. Had a volt break on the pass side mounting causing the mirror to droop significantly. Scary on I-44.

Norton
02-08-2021, 01:55 PM
looking for the rubber boots that go between the mirror and the bracket I saw on one forum tha some one had found them some where

Sledrider001
09-08-2021, 11:42 PM
I would be interested in both of these issues, replacement "boots" and replacing the mirrors altogether. Our drivers side mirror doesn't adjust so I find myself "adjusting" to see out of it. If anyone has info on either subject, please share with us.

Terry’s Atrium
09-19-2021, 10:57 AM
I am most likely going to replace my inverted mirrors with some nicer chrome velvacs that sit on the side like most motorhomes. I’m missing a part in the driver side mirror and it is impossible to find parts. I looked at a new set of chrome inverted mirrors used on the American Eagles and they were over $1K a piece!

If anyone is getting rid of their inverted upside down mirrors, please let me know as Id like to purchase them for parts for now.

Thank you!

Scotdog
10-27-2021, 09:34 AM
Does anyone have part numbers for aftermarket replacement mirrors for a 2004 friendship G7