PDA

View Full Version : SN in the snow

Georunner
01-07-2011, 12:13 PM
Schmittm has stated that he drives is SN in the snow and it does well. Does anyone else have experience with driving in the snow withthe SN? I have been reluctant to take mine out on slick roads. Being a Montanan, living in Colorado, driving in bad weather is not new to me, but I haven't tried the RV.

schmittm
01-09-2011, 04:26 AM
I know you saw my comments, but to add to it I have done 7 trips in the snow to ski resorts. I live in Eastern WA where it snows. We have taken it to Schweitzer ID twice, Big White up in Kelona BC, and to Mission Ridge once and White Pass three times. The local Mt around here are RV friendly so lots of people take their RV and trailers skiing. I would say that driving up a mountain to a ski resort is steeper and more hazerdous then a mountain pass that is heavily traveled and cleared. I have not had one problem and in the slush it just plows through it without even disrupting your path, unlike a car that gets thrown around.
I would advise carring chains, and in WA it is the law because of the weight and it is not 4 wheel drive. Curious if anyone else has driven in snow. If you are comfortable driving in snow in a car then this is no problem. I just glad we can use it in winter because it a waste of money to have it parked for 6 months.
Good luck and go have some RV fun in the snow.