PDA

View Full Version : No Water to Ice maker

philblumenfeld
01-14-2011, 06:18 PM
I'm not getting any water to the ice maker.
I checked the electric outlet and have power.
The water line shut off cock is running the length of the hose (I assume that is correct).
Water is connected to ground source and turned on. I get water to all sinks.

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated as I'm a newbie.

Jobuha
01-14-2011, 06:27 PM
On my unit the water for the ice maker comes from the water filter. ensure you have the water filter online. Hope this helps

GStream40
01-14-2011, 07:48 PM
I would shut off the water, then disconnect the water line that connects to electric fill valve for the icemaker. Point the line so that it will aim towards the outside on the ground, turn water back on and see if you have water to that point. If not, then you have a valve off or water filter not open. If you do have water then you need to check to make sure you have the lever in the refrigator freezer on the icemaker in the down position after reconnecting the water lines.

If it still does not fill with water, then you probably should have a service tech check it out or use ice trays.

Ron

db77
01-29-2011, 06:17 PM
I have had that problem before when the Mh has been sitting without water hooked up. Try filling up the ice maker by hand with water. Flip the metal arm down and wait till it freezes. Once it kicks out the ice cubes the ice make will call for more water and start working. It is almost like priming a pump when it is dry. Good Luck.

philblumenfeld
01-29-2011, 10:39 PM
Thanks all, I think I have it working.

GStream40
02-08-2011, 08:28 PM
Thanks all, I think I have it working.

Care to share what was wrong and what you did to get it to work?

It might help someone else in the future.

Ron

philblumenfeld
02-08-2011, 10:02 PM
Sorry, in the compartment under the kitchen, there was a valve that controlled perhaps the filter and I just turned it to bypass. Water then flowed into the ice maker. Not really sure what problems it will cause, but I have water to the ice maker.

GStream40
02-10-2011, 06:59 PM
Thanks for posting your solution.

Ron

Arthur Hayes
02-11-2011, 09:13 AM
Sounds like you need to change the water filter.

nomad
03-27-2011, 11:30 AM
Inside the outside vent access there is a line with a cut off switch -- this switch goes to my Ice Maker it is the standard cut off / lay switch with line it is open / lay switch at 90 degrees to line it is in cut off mode.