PDA

View Full Version : Installing a washing machine/dryer combo

rvnewbie
02-07-2011, 08:55 PM
Has anyone ever installed a washer/dryer combo machine in a motorhome that did not originally have one? If so what kind of motorhome and how and where did you install it?
Thanks

dixieray53
03-02-2011, 07:52 PM
I think you have to have an area (space) already wired and plumbed. If I am wrong wrong and you get it done post pics (if you can on this site). Remember venting and a separate power out let will (might) be needed... We have a Slendide Combo, it works OK...D

Chuck v
03-03-2011, 01:28 AM
The April, 2011 issue of MotorHome magazine that came earlier this week has a feature article that covers the step-by-step installation of the Splindide combo unit with lots of good pictures. I recently did a removal and install of a replacement separate washer in my washer/dryer stack in my T40-C coach as well, and that is discussed in this thread: http://www.gsowners.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=2446

In both the article sited and the thread for my own installation, the most difficult step is getting the appliance out of/in to the coach. These front load washers are of necessity weighted down with about 150 pounds of concrete formed onto the base -- making them a bit awkward to handle in confined spaces. I used an engine hoist for removing the old washer in my coach (my wife and I never could have carried it down the entry steps by ourselves...) but the delivery guys were young and strong so they were able to carry the new one back in. The magazine article shows a fork lift being used to put one through a window -- definitely not a home solution!!

As dixieray53 states, most coaches are "prepped" for a washer/dryer combination so the wiring and plumbing should be already in place in a cabinet that currently has shelving or a clothes rod.

Post pictures when you install the appliance, it will help other forum members here.

Chuck

ismails
08-01-2013, 05:50 AM
good post