PDA

View Full Version : Floor Replacement

gorusty
02-28-2011, 10:39 PM
Does anyone have experience with replacing the flooring in a 2006 Tourmaster? Mine currently has vinyl and carpet and I would like to switch to ceramic flooring. Any suggestions, ideas or horror stories would be appreciated.

Thanks
Rusty

dixieray53
03-02-2011, 07:20 PM
:roll: Trying to understand this site..I have never replaced a floor. But if I did I would go with lamanite, and maybe heating. I was told you can't use heated floors in an RV but I would still try...D

RayChez1
03-02-2011, 07:40 PM
My coach come with real nice ceramic floors already from the factory, but it does not seem that hard to lay down ceramic tile. But you just can't use regular grout on a motor home, you have to use a grout that flexes. They have special grouts for such situations.
I am surprised that your TourMaster didn't come with ceramic already. Everyone that I have seen has ceramic floors in the kitchen and bathrooms.

gorusty
03-02-2011, 09:17 PM
Thanks guy for the advise. My 2006 tourmaster came with vinyl and carpet. I have done some research and Menards carry a product that I think might do the trick. It is ceramic and hooks together with like laminate. It comes with a flexible grout. I am going to get my coach out of storage this weekend and check to see if the slide will clear the floor when it is pulled in. I will keep you posted

Rusty