PDA

View Full Version : New York Inspection Sticker

gorusty
02-28-2011, 10:53 PM
My 2006 Tourmaster is licensed in New York and it expires in April. When I look at my calendar April in New York is impossible. Is there a nation wide inspection service?

Thanks'
Rusty

nuthut
03-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Rusty, Almost any large truck dealer can perform a DOT inspection. This is called the Annual Federal Inspection and all commercial trucks are required to have this done. I do not know what inspection you need, but if it is a New York inspection, you can forget it anywhere except NY. Do you need the inspection papers completed before you can renew your license tags? If so, you may have a problem. There may be a way you can work with your DMV to get the tag renewed until you can get your rig back into the state.

Marv

David Bott
03-11-2011, 09:56 PM
I am from NY with our coach registered in NY. I know the feeling you have. But no worries as other states do not care about the NYS inspection. So when you get back to NY, then you can get it inspected. No issue. I for one called the NYS DMV and asked, and they just said to do it when we got back. Funny...Also an April inspection and I am in New Mexico at this time. ;)