PDA

View Full Version : TV Replacement - BT Cruiser

Hugh G
03-03-2011, 05:14 PM
I'd like to replace the front CRT TV in my 2005 BT Cruiser (model 5290) with an LCD TV. I'm having a devil of a time getting the old TV out. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hugh G

jayme
03-05-2011, 11:50 AM
Hi Hugh. I just removed my tv located in the front of my bt cruiser. Wanted to check the wiring and the ease of removal,for eventual replacement. I removed the four dowels covering the screws on the bottom and top trim, then removed the strips. I found two small metal angles holding the bottom of the tv to the bottom of the cabinet. After removing, I slid the tv out. Hope this helps, as I don't know if this is a typical install. I have only had my cruiser for a few weeks and I'm still checking things out. Have a good one...........John

Hugh G
03-07-2011, 12:38 PM
Hi Jayme,
Thanks for your reply. I, too, removed the dowel plugs, upper and lower trim screws, trim peices and "L" brackets. I was only able to move the TV out a little over an inch before it hung up on something. There's an entertainment center and surround sound in the BT and that might have something hanging it up. Like you, I wanted to upgrade to a digital TV eventually, but in the interim I wanted to put in a convertor box. So far, I've been unable to access the coax to the TV. Will keep trying to figure out the problem. Thanks again. Hugh

jayme
03-07-2011, 05:14 PM
Thanks for your reply Hugh. My wife read your reply, and then proceeded to slap me. I forgot to mention that there was a block of wood holding up the back of the tv. It was floating, and I had to tilt the tv a bit (top down), and wiggle the unit out. Not much room for fingers, but I managed to get the unit out. I also have a digital box that I will be installing on the tv( as of now, we don't require it in Canada) Hope this helps........John

Hugh G
03-07-2011, 09:14 PM
Many thanks! That makes sense. I'll try again tomorrow. Hugh

Hugh G
03-08-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks, John, for your suggestions. I was able to wiggle the TV out, make the necessary connection changes and wiggle it back in. Hugh

pccarter
03-22-2011, 07:31 PM
Has anyone modified the center cabinet for a HD flat screen?

hannah1
04-20-2011, 12:45 AM
Yes, I modified the center cabinet for a HD flat screen in Gulf Stream RVs (http://www.rvequipment.net/usedrvsforsale/used_rvs.php)