PDA

View Full Version : City Water Connector

jetliner
04-17-2011, 05:53 PM
Hello,

I guess I pulled the water hose a little too hard and cracked the plastic device that screws into the water hose (This is for the city water connector). I'd like to know if this is a simple fix such as buying the connector piece or do I have to replace the whole box piece that also has the gravity inlet water, etc?

I am not that handy, but if its something simple such as unscrewing the piece or just unsnapp it, I guess I could give it a shot. Any advise is much appreciated as I'd like to avoid paying $80 to the shop just for this very minor issue. As quick reply would be nice as I have plans for camping this wednesday.

Thanks

03heritagerider
04-17-2011, 09:06 PM
Can't tell you if the problem is a quick fix. Hopefully somebody on here will be able to answer that question in time for your trip.

If you don't get an answer in time to fix it before you leave, then I suggest that you fill the fresh water tank and use your on-board water pump. On my unit, the tank is visible from a couple of basement compartments. I can unscrew a cap on the top of the tank and fill it from there.

Good luck!

jetliner
04-18-2011, 06:17 AM
Thanks for the reply. That's actually not a bad idea. I've gotten so used to being connected to city water that have basically discarded the water pump. While not the pressure I'd like I guess we could survive for 4 days.

Hopefully someone in the know will reply soon. Thanks again.

nomad
05-17-2011, 07:06 AM
Yes easy fix
buy replacement unit
unscrew old one detach hose
attach hose to new unit
screw back in place