PDA

View Full Version : We're officially GS Owners! Our Visa 23BHD is home!

KristinU
06-20-2011, 08:04 AM
Hi All,

Just wanted to post our excitement with our new 2012 Visa 23BHD. We took delivery on Friday at Beckley's in Thurmont, MD and had a great weekend staying in Gettysburg. Our only complaint is the rock hard mattress - which is the "upgraded foam." In our old camper we had put in a comfy latex mattress and at home we have memory foam, so I guess we're used to a softer ride. So we'll be putting on a memory foam topper toot sweet. Otherwise LOVE LOVE LOVE it. Tons of space, love having our own little bathroom, towed great...we're just really happy!

Now I have lots ot "nesting" to do with organizing and personalizing :)

Cheers,
Kristin

toaobigal
06-20-2011, 11:15 AM
I'm very happy for you. Like you I think the matress is too hard. We got a topper made with memory gel, only tried it one week-end but it's better. As a matter of fact, we're going to the U.S next week-end in the Lake George area. We also got a more recent Acura MDX, with a little more horsepower...

Marvin
06-20-2011, 12:59 PM
Congratulations! Good to hear all went well first time out with no major problems. Hope you have many happy years of camping. You didn't say or I never noticed if you have any children but if you do they will look back with fond memories of their camping years. Time well spent.

DonMitsu
06-20-2011, 03:54 PM
Congratulations

KristinU
06-20-2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks guys!

And Marvin, I added a signature, but yes, we have a 7 year old son...we had a lot of fun camping in our old camper (an Aliner - hard side pop up) but we kind of outgrew it in terms of our camping desires...so on to more memory making with our new Visa!

And Toaobigal - congrats on the new MDX!

toaobigal
06-20-2011, 08:40 PM
Thanks Kristin, I like the new(to us) MDX, truth is I'm a factory trained certified Honda technician and we got that MDX in a trade at work. For me, maintaining a car/truck like this cost next to nothing. Last time we took our 3 boys camping was 15 years ago! Now the oldest is 27, the second one is 25 and the baby is 20! Lots of memories. I don't know if you're like us: we loved our PUP, but after a few trip in the Visa, I can't say I miss it.