PDA

View Full Version : Visa - Reverse Lights?

KristinU
07-06-2011, 10:31 AM
Hi Visa owners,

Does your Visa have reverse lights?

The top rear light looks like it has some white reverse lights, but no reverse lights illuminate when we reverse (when connected of course). We have the 7 flat blade Bargman plug and receptacle and our owner's manual for our truck leads us to believe that the auxiliary connection does feed reverse. So we're trying to figure out is this is a wiring thing with the trailer, truck, the light assembly itself, or if it should illuminate reverse at all in the first place...seems like the 9 pin connectors have a dedicated reverse but the 7 blades rely on the auxiliary, which is why we're not certain about it.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts!

toaobigal
07-06-2011, 11:39 AM
There are 11 LEDs in the top tail light: the ones at each end and the one in the center are for the parking lights (taillights) the remaining 8 are for the brake lights. So, if you turn on the lights on your truck, you should see 3 LEDs in the center light and if you hit the brakes you should see 8 LEDs come on and they will be brighter.

KristinU
07-06-2011, 12:18 PM
Ahhh, that makes sense! We always do our turn/brake/hazard safety checks, but I think we're so used to looking at the low ones on the PUP that we didn't watch too closely up top for the brakes. We did notice the running lights up top, but then I think we started obsessing over the reverse.

Thanks Toaobigal!

toaobigal
07-06-2011, 05:21 PM
I think it's unusual for travel trailers to have a hight mount central light but I like the fact that they're LED: much brighter, use less power and they last a long time.