PDA

View Full Version : Rear A.C. not working

candt
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM
Hello - I've got a 2004 Friendship G7 that the rear AC unit is not working (no power at the thermostat or unit), I’ve checked all the fuses and they are good. I checked the 110V circuit breaker and its not triped, and is functioning properly (not a bad breaker). It doesn't matter whether it’s on shore power, or generator - nothing. The front AC works fine (heat or AC) the rear AC doesn’t run in the heat or AC mode. Is there a simple switch to be thrown, or plug to be connected????

Thanks

Ontheroadx3
07-19-2011, 05:27 PM
Has it been replaced recently? It seems as if there is a connection missing? Is it possible that the thermostat has been replaced? It's best to start small to eliminate the possible problems before getting into the costly repairs! Have you thought about using Mr Quik (http://www.mrquikhomeservices.com) for some help?

JoeS
07-20-2011, 11:45 AM
did an outlet near the Rear A/c get tripped? Check the fuse for the plug near the A/c unit also that might be cutting the power to the back end of your trailer. It has to be a short somewhere, try getting a ohm meter or something to test the power to the wiring a/c. This way you can how far back the problem goes or starts at.