PDA

View Full Version : new member looking for a 2008 6331 vin #

xtream1
07-26-2011, 06:54 PM
While I have been viewing the board for the past 3 years, I just haven't gotten around to registering. Now that I have done so, I am in need of some info.

I have one of the very first SN's that was made in 2007--even earlier than Tc's (wrong gears-already fixed, back window, no night shades, no rear ladder, no passenger fuel tank-looking to change that, 6 gallon water heater (gas only)-hoping to change that too, etc).

I have tried twice to get the info for the fuel tank but both dealers were unsuccessful as they stated that they needed a proper vin # to get the part numbers (I have a 6331). So, I am looking for a vin number of a SN that has the passenger tank with the original diamond plate metal cover so I can get the proper parts ordered for the change-over. Maybe I will get lucky and someone will submit the number for a 6331 with the 12 gallon water heater so I can change that also.

FYI, I pull a 28' 16,000# trailer with this coach and after 18,000 miles I can say that it does what I ask--just slows down to 35mph on the large grades, generally very happy with it.

MEATHEAD Racing
08-10-2011, 04:09 PM
I have also lurked the board for years. I have a 2007/08 SN 6372. It is a VERY early one. It does not have dual tanks or night shades. It does have the window in the back and a ladder.

Let me know what you find out about mounting the auxiliary tank.

xtream1
08-10-2011, 09:49 PM
Thanks for the vin #. I did start to have this option checked out. A large International dealer gave me an initial price of $3,000 for the tank alone and then 12 hours labor just to hang it with no wiring or etc ($105/hr). Sounded to me like they weren't interested. I am going to start to look at salvage yard tanks as this tank should be very common (school busses, delivery trucks, etc) and my side step completely covers it anyway. After I secure the tank I wil then look at relocating the cab batteries into the compartment behind the driver where the 4 coach batteries are curently located--alot of room there.