PDA

View Full Version : Emergency Road Service -Feedback Needed

GStream40
08-30-2006, 07:03 AM
I just got the renewal notice from Coach Net the other day for another year.

Up until September of 2004 I had been with Good Sam ERS for about 14 years. I had used them on 4 different occasions with very satisfied results.

In September 2004 when we purchased our new coach, it came with a one year membership to Coach Net and a renewal for $79.95 for a year.
So now it is time (Sept. 30th) to renew for another year, BUT Coach Net wants $99.50 for one year or $279.50 for three years.

In the past two years, I have not used Coach Net, so I don't know if their service/response is as good as Good Sam ERS or not.

What I am looking for is if any one that has Coach Net can give me their opinion on their service/response that has had to use them for any on the road breakdown.

Thanks, Ron

Retird2Golf
08-30-2006, 12:01 PM
Ron, I have that GSEmergency plan also. Only have had to use it twice in 6 years ..... Like you I am very satisfied ...Do not know about Coach Care but I hear good things on IRV2 about it. Seems like Alpines use it regularly.

Best Regards, Clyde

coolchas11
08-30-2006, 06:11 PM
We, too, got a year of Coach Net. However, I'm not renewing as Progressive Ins. has the same roadside assistance.

RayChez1
09-04-2006, 06:12 PM
Coach Net is a very good outfit. I have used it a couple of times. Didn't cost me a penny.

lockdoc
09-04-2006, 09:43 PM
I can give you a different perspective on Coach Net. As a full time locksmith I have been dispatched a time or two to help a fellow rv'er who was stranded with a key issue. Coach Net seems to be a well run organization and I will continue to service their requests for help as they also pay the vendors in a timely fashion....that tells me something about them!

Kevin

GStream40
09-05-2006, 03:30 PM
Thanks everyone for your experiences and opinions. I still haven't made up my mind. GS ERS just sent me a offer for $79.95 the first year to get me back as a customer of ERS.
Things just get more complicated... :?: :?:

Ron

GStream40
09-15-2006, 11:24 PM
Coach Net called Friday to remind me that I hadn't paid for my renewal of the road service and to see if there was a problem.

I explained that I hadn't made up my mind since I had been with GS ERS for many years before going with them and told them of the offer from GS ERS for $79.95 to join back with them.

The rep from Coach Net stated that they would match that and I could pay $79.50 to stay with them. :!:

Well, That's all it took, I renewed with Coach Net for another year. :lol:
Saved $20.00 and took the wife out for dinner. Guess it pays to wait and let them know about the competition prices.

Thanks everyone for you opinions,
Ron