PDA

View Full Version : electrical system

dsimons
08-08-2011, 10:20 AM
I have an 06 Gulf Stream Coach Cavalier FEMA trailer and I am having some issues with the fan that cools the circuit board on the power converter. The lights and A/C stopped working this weekend and, after I noticed the converter panel was hot, I put a small fan in front of the converter. In about 5 minutes the lights and A/C turned on again and the circuit board area was not warm at all. I replaced the cooling fan with a new one I got from Radio Shack however I can't seem to observe the fan actually running to cool the circuit board. Has anyone had an issue with the power converter similar to this? Should I be able to actually observe the cooling fan running? Any help with this issue would be most appreciated.

dsimons
08-08-2011, 12:38 PM
Another question: Could I remove the 12v converter completely and just run everything off of the 110 circuit box and if necessary install another 110 box?

GIMPY51
03-24-2013, 03:48 AM
Know this old post but no answers posted.hope you solved long ago. I believe the fan is thermaly controlled. you may need replace thermal sensor on pcb? If you know how or just run fan continuously from 12v line. 2. If inverter removed light fixtures would need replacing with 110v. plus you lose battery back-up incase power failure.I live in boonies with outages and it gets very very dark.