PDA

View Full Version : Electric folding bed acting up

Keys Cruiser
09-05-2011, 07:50 PM
The main bed in my 2008 Yellowstone Pusher Model 8390 has to have the head folded up before the passenger side slide will come in. Recently, when folding the bed down, the platform shifted and went out crooked. I was able to hold it straight and retract it the folded position when it was time to leave. I took off the platform the mattress sits on and could see the 2 foot plus drive screw on one side was crooked and wobbled when you activate the motor to fold it.

Would love to hear from anyone who has had a similar issue... Need some advice on the fix...

Luckiest Dreamer
09-06-2011, 09:27 PM
When replacing the drive screw it comes with the elbow and the screw as a unit. I was able to order thru a dealer after much searching. Because of its design it is easy for it to bind and the set pin will break. Make sure every thing is well lubricated and hope you can get the part if it breaks! There are two cables leading to the elbows from the electric motor. It is centered and the cables run opposite directions requiring you to order the screws knowing which direction they run. As I recall you must order in measured pairs and know exactly how long the rod is.( including the elbow)
I know my answer is vague. This is difficult for me to answer with details.

stonesfan
09-09-2011, 01:37 PM
Question; Anyone know what type of Grease to use when Lubing the Screw Threads on this type of Bed............................................... ... :?:

Thanks, Stoney