PDA

View Full Version : 93 Gulfstream Sun Voyager

nomad100
10-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Hi, I have recently purchased a 93 Gulfstream Sun Voyager and have restored it to former glory.I have two queries that I need help with if you can,(a) There is a motor or pump running constantly behind the front grill,what is it for and should it run all the time. (b) How can I find out what brake discs ,calipers,pads are fitted to it and( Discs all round) where can I get info on rebuilding same ,parts etc.Thanks for your assistance,regards Nomad100.

Redt2Retire
10-28-2011, 03:57 PM
nomad100,
Below is a link to the ford parts catalog.
Just enter your VIN and it will bring back all the ford parts for your chassis.
Hope this helps.
http://www.fordparts.com/Default.aspx?gnav=nav:home

The motor you hear, might be the pump for your air horns, not sure. I have one (not working) on the drivers side just above the normal horns.
If yours is working, you might want to check the switch on the dash for your air horns and see if it is stuck open, also, you might have an air leak.
The pump should run long enough to fill the air reservoir (black pancake looking item) about center of the engine bay. Once the reservoir is full, the pump should cut off. BTW, you should see an air fitting (QD) on the line coming out of the reservoir .
Just a thought

RayChez1
11-19-2011, 08:27 PM
Are you sure it is a pump that you are hearing? I have a blower that I hear when my dog presses on the rocking type switch on the dash. I believe the blower is for defrosting, but it does sound like a humming noise under the dash.

nomad100
11-25-2011, 06:16 PM
Thanks guys but it has not got a ford part anywhere.It is not airhorns or defrosters either. Turns out there is a vacuum pump fitted up front as it is a pusher (engine at rear). Some vacuum pipes had become brittle and fractured causing the pump to run continuously.The pump,s only job was to operate the heater controls.Now repaired and functioning properly.

Cheers, Nomad100