PDA

View Full Version : Cummins B Series 5.9 manuals

stevefl
10-26-2011, 03:50 PM
Have a 1994 gulf stream Scenic Cruiser, 34 ft. I'm looking for a used engine manual - "Troubleshooting and Repair Manual", #3810486; or "B Series Engine Shop Manual" - #3666017. I have the "Operation and Maintenance Manual B Series". I would like to find something more detailed. Also would sell my first born for electrical schematics (Spartan Chassis) Thanks for any help.

By the way I am refurbishing this motorhome. I've redone the interior (floors, furniture, and appliances - except walls - to do) gone thru most of the running gear, and am now working on the exterior. This has been a "learn by doing" excerise and I would be happy to share anythig I have learned.

Sundancer268
11-05-2011, 11:53 AM
You will not receive any wiring help from Gulf Stream on the wiring diagrams. How ever if you call Spartan (Assuming you have a Spartan Chassis) and give them the last six digits of your VIN number from the tag behind the drivers seat they will be more than helpful. I have received all the wiring diagrams for my coach chassis and the number codes telling me what each wire should go to. I am also looking for the B5.9 service manual. I am replacing my exhaust manifold and need the correct torque specs for the bolts. Good Luck on your quest.

nomad100
11-18-2011, 03:56 PM
Hi Steve and Sundance, I have just spent a day on the net looking for a downloadable workshop manual for Cummins 5.9BT. We have a 93 model Sunvoyager on a Spartan chassis.Could find nothing of any use.Our engine is fine but would like to have a manual as I want to learn something about it.I run it on a 50/50 mix of recycled veg oil and road diesel,and I'd like to check out the fuel lines and fit a fuel heater. If you have any luck finding a workshop manual let me know. I'd be happy to discuss any other Gulfstream/Spartan related queries as I have just finished restoring our one .

regards, Nomad100

RayChez1
11-18-2011, 05:30 PM
How about some pictures of the interior work you have done Stevefl.