PDA

View Full Version : Roof leak.

porchracer1
10-28-2011, 08:16 PM
Well we got not good news today regarding out S.N. . Took it into a reliable shop in Goshen Ind to have roof seals cleaned and resealed,and to do a all around maintance on seals and get ready to park for the winter. Troy called and said the roof around the fantastic fan appeared to have been leaking since it probably left the factory. screws rusted, wood delaminated and insulation and the soft touch ceiling in the coach wet. Wow. We just got this coach 1 year ago it's a 2008 and it only had 6000 miles on it (now has 10,300) Was told it was always kept inside by the previous owner. Now the soft ceiling has to be replaced roof cut and wood replaced . We love the coach but if this is any indication as to the quality of workmanship I'm worried. Then I read where T.C. although loved his s.n. he was worried about the vt365 and it's durability. Just thought I'd share with other s.n. owners to check the roof. Wonder if any of this would be covered under the insurance. Anyone else have this problem.

RayChez1
04-29-2012, 12:59 PM
I don't have a supernova, but I have a Scenic Cruiser class A. What I done since I didn't want to climb on top of my coach since I am getting up in age to make the yearly check. I used to have the dicor sealant on my fiberglass roof where the side walls meet the roof. I went and ordered two fifty foot rolls of Eternabond tape four inches wide from Amazon and done all the roof to go over the Dicor which was there from the factory. Once you put that Eternabond, you can forget about ever having any leaks. Just clean it real good if it is dirty and roll the tape on. Wife and I had it done in about three hours.
Hope that helps. Not sure how it would work if you have rubber roof though. I was reffering to fiberglass roof. Not sure what the SN have.