PDA

View Full Version : Onan 7.5 DKD Generator Start Switch

Track29
11-26-2011, 10:47 AM
I need some help wiring a new Onan 7.5 DKD generator switch inside the coach. The new switch is the one with the start and run light in it with the pre-heat switch next to it instead of having a pre-heat position on it. It has 5 connections on the back and I have 5 wires. That's a great start. I don't trust the old wiring diagram because when I got the RV back from my nephew, after he borrowed it to go to a NASCAR race, the switch was hanging out of its slot without a face on it. There was also $16,000 worth of other damages but that's a 'whole nother story' too long for this space. This is in a 1995 Friendship 102 that nobody seems to support with diagrams. Onan did have the replacement switch but could not furnish me with a color code for the wiring. I have a Brown, Red, Blue, Green and White wire. The connections on the back of the switch are configured with 3 connectors on one side and 2 on the other. Could someone please pop their switch out and clue me in on the color code.
Thanks, David

Viking1911
06-17-2019, 03:50 PM
You can download the factory onan service Manuel’s they should have the wiring diagram I found the for free on google