PDA

View Full Version : 12 VDC problems

M99inspect
12-05-2011, 08:24 PM
I have a 2004 Gulfstream Conquest LE model. Yesterday I switched out the 12V coach battery with another one I had because the last time I went out, the battery failed me and it would't charge even when the Truck was running. Anyway, I usually keep the rv plugged into my 110V house power and I shut everything off to check the water level in the existing coach battery then I decided to replace it. There's a panel (kind of rusty) located between the Generator and the battery with 3 thumb type breakers: 100A, 50A and 80A?(hard to see). I flipped them open to make sure all powers off prior to removing the battery (I don't normally do this)and the middle one wouldn't open without help. I can't figure out owe these actually work since the little switch that pops out actuaal came out and it was just plastic. The battery went in and I closed everything and went in to start the generator. It wouldn't start without being plugged into house power and when I did this the generator started fine and generated power. Here's my problem. None of the 12V stuff in the coach would work nomatter what I did. I checked every single auto fuse carefully and all the breakers and found nothing. I kept flipping the master cut off switch inside and that didn't do anything. Help! I'm supposed to be going up to NJ from Northern Virginia this next weekend.