PDA

View Full Version : Tow Innsbruck 297DBS with a New Jeep Diesel?

brotherdave
01-21-2012, 11:37 PM
Greetings.

I have my eye on this trailer and tow vehicle combination, but I'd like to hear what you think. Is this too much trailer for the Jeep? If anyone has experience towing with the 2011/2012 Cherokee or towing this model trailer, I'd love to hear from you.

The new diesel Jeep should be out in the U.S. in about a year. It's supposed to be rated at max tow of 7,700 lbs (400 lbs more than the current gasoline version). The current gas version also says that the max trailer length is 30 feet with a Class IV hitch. The diesel engine puts out 237 horsepower and 406 ft-lb torque.

This trailer is 6700 lbs and 32 feet 7 inches long. Tongue weight is 720 lbs. Both weights are less than the Jeep's capacity, but the trailer is about 2 1/2 feet longer than the max tow length for the Jeep (current gas version). I'm not sure if it being two feet too long is a show stopper. My heart says a couple extra feet should be no big deal - right?

Thanks for taking the time to read my post!
Dave

Timothy
01-22-2012, 03:55 PM
Because of Jeeps short wheelbase, I don't beleive it would be a good tow vehicle exept for a short single axel trailer or pop up.