PDA

View Full Version : SuperNova Engine/Fan Noise/More Power??

Bullet
02-15-2012, 01:50 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions to lessen the engine/fan noise? Fan seems to run 90% of the time even on the cooler days in Canada. Also looking for more power if you have any suggestions, I have added a chip to the engine but it still is no powerhouse while pulling a 18 foot trailer.

Thanks Everyone
:x

CraigH
02-16-2012, 05:18 AM
If the fan is running 90% of the time even in cooler temps the clutch is probably bad (or set wrong). I had this issue and my dealer replaced the clutch (2x)... second time was the charm. It will still cycle on and off a fair amount in warmer temps. If it is running all the time it amounts to a significant power drag.

My dealer advised there is also an option to convert to an electric fan which is controlled by a temperature sensor already present on the engine.

Good luck!

Georunner
02-16-2012, 04:01 PM
I have replaced my fan clutch as well. I am curious about your chip. I added a MP 8 chip to mine and it made a world of difference, so I wonder why yours did not.

I did not know about the electric fan upgrade and will have to look into that. I always believed that an electric fan would not move enough air, but if I could get the drag of the mechanical fan off of the engine I would sure be happy.