PDA

View Full Version : Running both roof ac units simultaneously

Atropine
03-05-2012, 10:33 AM
Hi everyone-
I am selling my old Class C and about to purchase a very clean 99 SunVoyager from a neighbor. It only has a 30-amp service, and there is a switch in the rear that allows you to choose which of the 2 roof AC units you want to run. I live in Nevada and would REALLY like to be able to run both roof ac units simultaneously, both off shore power and off the generator (propane 6.5kw genset i believe). I have been reading up on several sites about converting the whole apparatus to 50 amp service but i am nervous about the expense and potential risk. I just want simply to run both ac's and looks like this has been done with 2 separate feeds (30-amp plus 20-amp). Has anyone done this in a GS class A with the switch i have? How do you bypass the switch in order to get them both on?

Atropine
03-05-2012, 04:55 PM
Oops- it's not a SunVoyager. Its an 8342-MXD SunSport. Prob doesn't make any difference tho.

Atropine
03-08-2012, 08:03 AM
Update-- i discovered that both roof ac's will run off the generator already; i just had to give front one about 2 min to cycle on. Still doesn't help with the shore power issue, but the most important issue was having them both on gen power anyway.