PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Friendship - Entry Door loose at highway speeds

stargazer66
04-07-2012, 05:49 PM
Hi. I'm new to this Forum and to RVing in general. We recently bought a 2002 Gulf Stream Friendship. On our first outing we noticed that at highway speeds the entry door "flaps" in the wind. The noise is not easy to live with; and shouldn't the door be fully closed? Any suggestions??? Thanks,

03heritagerider
04-07-2012, 09:29 PM
Welcome to the forum.

First, check to make sure the door is closing square and flush.

If it isn't make sure the screws on the hinges are tight. Eyeball the door to see if it is warped.

if it seems flat and is closing flush, but makes noise at highway speed, like ours did, then take some foam weather strip tape and run it around the door wherever it makes contact with the frame.

This stopped the noise for us.

Good luck and let us know how it works out.

RayChez1
04-08-2012, 11:31 PM
Maybe your door needs adjustment. I believe that the bolt that locks the door is adjustable to where you can pull the door in tighter.

stargazer66
02-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Just to close this issue, the noise was not because of the entry door. As it turns out, and thanks to my wife keen hearing, the noise was coming from the front access door where the generator is located. It was not completely locked-down and was vibrating as we drove. We now know how to close and lock-down the access door. Thanks!

Willyt
08-09-2019, 01:15 PM
Hey Ken, Willyt, we purchased a 2002 Friendship model last year also. Spent last Summer figuring the thing out. Right now we can't get the tv's working.. They've have been replaced with flat screens. All we have is the crank up antenna. Can't figure the things out to get a picture. Did get picture using the DVD in bedroom but that is it.
Also, can't get the basement lights to come on, switch by the door doesn't do anything, got any ideas ?