PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues

gryshootr
05-05-2012, 08:35 AM
Yesterday while attached to shore line in a park i returned to my coach to find the lights were real dim and in parts of the coach i could not get any lights on at all. I went around the coach and reset all breakers,edthe battery disconnect off and on, flipped the breaker on the box in the campground. I also checked the internal breakers and flipped then off and i. I then checked my battery levels an they were very low. I started the coach up for just a minute and all of a sudden the lights popped on bright, and i checked the battery levels and they were full. I turned off the engine and in just a couple of minutes my lights dimmed again, and the battery levels were low so i started the engine again and pop the lights came on. So in a sence i started the whole process over again. The minute i turn on the vehicle the lights pop on. Also when i thought all was well i turned on the AC and then the lights would dim and the AC would make a humming noise and if i turned it off at the controller it wouldnt turn off. I would then go to the breaker and turn it off there and it would turn off the noise. What is going on here. I have been in this campground for a week and nothing like this has occurred. Can you offer any help.

charby
05-05-2012, 10:24 AM
I had a similar issue with my former TT, the previous owner replaced the charging system with a battery charger. The switch on the charger was on 2 Amp, rather than 10 Amp. I had dim lights and battery level was not at full when plugged into shore power. Once I made the switch to 10 Amp, the lights brightened and battery came up to full. This may help you check the charging system.