PDA

View Full Version : First (rainy) weekend in the Visa 23

wardenmsp
05-07-2012, 07:51 PM
We just spent our first overnight (2 nights, actually) in our brand new Visa 23 RBK. We got some nice practice living in the trailer, since it rained 2.8 inches this weekend - most of that in two hours very early Sunday morning. Kudos to GS - the Visa stayed weathertight and solid. And we're all still friends!

KristinU
05-09-2012, 06:18 AM
Glad to hear of a successful maiden voyage! May there be many more (with clearer skies)

toaobigal
05-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Before the Visa we had a tent-trailer (PUP). 2 years ago, it rained for 2 straight days while on vacation with strong winds: we didn't sleep at all. Last summer we had a similar situation in the Visa, we slept a lot better and did not suffer from the humidity as with the PUP. Rain is no fun but I'd rather be in a trailer with solid wall and roof!

RinconVTR
05-12-2012, 12:27 PM
Our first night was nothing but storms...the next morning I lifted the small seat at the table to grab a tool and a big PUDDLE OF WATER was sitting on top of the plastic wheel fender/housing. On the outside, the fender is sealed with crappy clear bathroom type silicon that has lost adhesion where the black fender meets the white wall. I think thats where it got in, there is no trace that I can find along a wall.

My dealer is slow to answer if they want me to try to seal it or if they should. I have the camper parked up north, that means I have to haul it back for them to seal it. But its probably not worth taking a chance. We'll soon find out.