PDA

View Full Version : Need New Batteries for Supernova

fastkart74
05-10-2012, 05:28 AM
Hi Everyone,

I am looking for a little guidance on buying new house batteries and start up battery for our Supernova. It is a 2008, 6372 model. I will blame DH for this one, he forgot about them and needless to say they WILL NOT hold a charge now. Wondering if anyone has ideas on what is a good battery that won't necessarily break the bank. The other question I have is has anyone ever had a problem with the genny not starting or stopping using the inside control? The rest of the control panel seems to be operating correctly. I thought it might have something to do with the house batteries not having enough juice to turn it over, but why would you also have to turn it off on the unit itself? Maybe a short somewhere? I appreciate any help you all can offer!

Janice

LabCab
05-11-2012, 06:37 PM
I changed our's out in the fall with Interstates for the engine and for the coach.

If your coach or engine batteries are really low / bad, your genny isn't going to start. Had that problem which was corrected with thye change out. Hope this helps. Now if I can figure out where to put this damn satellite rec. I'll be a happy man. LOL. Good Luck!

fastkart74
05-13-2012, 06:19 AM
Thanks for the help. Put the new batteries in yesterday and everything is up and running. The only problem is we can turn genny on from control on the inside but it can't be turned off that way. You have to go out to the unit itself to turn it off. Maybe a short some place?

LabCab
05-13-2012, 06:57 PM
Glad you are up and running. I'd check the rocker switch on the panel. If you can turn it on from there, and not off, the switch may be bad since it apparently is not shutting you down and it may just be bad.
You can pick up a rocker switch and try it before you go tracing down possible shorts.
Good Luck

fastkart74
05-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Thanks Labcab, you come thru again!

LabCab
05-14-2012, 03:32 PM
Happy it all worked out. The more you play with theses things the more you either learn the hard way or learn from others. :D