PDA

View Full Version : Power tech 8CSI generator air filter

Wambulance
06-14-2012, 05:40 AM
How do i reach, let alone change my PT 8CSI air filter. After struggling to open the access panel door, i can barely reach the plastic air cleaner housing cap and remove it. Now i am unable to remove the actual air filter. I looked at my replacement filter, it does not screw in, but i am unable to free the old one. It acts like it is fused to the receptical that holds it. When i contacted the manufacturer and he found out that i had a gulf stream (2007) , and since it does not a pull out tray, he more or less said 'good luck' and hope you don't have to remove the front of the rv to get a workable access. Is there a way to go from the top down ( from the area where the breaker, on-off switch, etc) is located????? I always change the oil and fuel filters every 250 hrs, but this air filter is my newest headache. Any and all HELP would be greatly appreciated before i have to take it to a generator repair mechanic. (PT04aC2S small plastic air cleaner housing with a 04FA2sE1 air filter element) :?:

jtking
06-16-2012, 10:31 AM
It looked like a terrible job so I had it done at RV dealer. The mechanic grumbled about doing it. Generally I prefer to do my own maintenance if possible, but not this time. Sorry I'm no help.

John