PDA

View Full Version : I see Texas back in town!

steve.k
06-19-2012, 11:10 PM
Hello there Texas hows things going?Hows the a- class holding out?I haven't been out much with ours but we getting going now.Hoping to get the ace air ride shortly.Unit seems fine just have small fuel leak on engine i have to fix otherwise seems fine. Steve

Texas TC
06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
All is good here. Wife and I are going to meet the kids and grand-kids in Durango, Colorado next month and spend about a week in the Rockies camping in the Winnebago. We have almost a year of ownership on the coach and almost 12000 miles. I have gone through the expected warranty year but Winnebago is a delight to deal with. You ask and they deliver on any issue with the coach.

I still miss the uniqueness of the SuperNova. I got a lot of chatter from folks at truck stops and RV parks when I owned it because you just didn't see that many of them around.

I know you will like the ACE air system when you have it installed. It was the single best investment I made while owning the SuperNova.

Good luck to you and all the Gulf Stream family.

TxTC

steve.k
06-23-2012, 01:12 PM
Good deal Texas!Iwas wondering what the towing capacity of those units are?Can you tow as much as supernova?Does the Winnebago pull the hills better or about the same?Iwas out to a family wedding last week and my brotherinlaw had his 21ft fifth wheel behind his 2004 dodge dually.If I wound the supernova up before hill so my rpm was about 2600ish or above he would just barely inch away from me,I was impressed as we had full water,fuel and propane plus the Mrs and I and three teens?Most hills I could maintain no less than 60mph?
Steve

Texas TC
06-23-2012, 06:44 PM
My 34Y Journey has the same GCWR as the SuperNova and includes a ten thousand pound hitch. However, the Cummins engine has more hp and torque. It pulls my 6200 pound Silverado over passes with more ease than the SuperNova did pulling my 4200 pound Jeep Wrangler. I have been really impressed with the Cummins/Allison 6 speed combination. Altough I really never missed having an exhaust brake on the Nova, I am truly learning to like it on the Winnebago.

They are just different vehicles. I stayed away from Class A coaches for a long time because I preferred driving a truck chassis. I still believe the truck chassis is easier to drive but I love the amenaties of the bus. If I could afford it, I would own a truck conversion on a class 8 chassis. That is the ultimate to me. Maybe in my next life!

TxTC