PDA

View Full Version : Tourmaster Battery Compartment - Checking Battery Water

tarheel
07-16-2012, 03:10 PM
On my 07 Tourmaster 40A, the 2 chassis batteries and the two converter 12V batteries are stacked with the converter batteries on the bottom. I just had these two batteries replaced and am wondering how others check the battery water since there is only approx. 3" space above them and you can't see what the water level might be. The new batteries are a larger and have more capacity than the original ones. With the old batteries, it was pretty much guess work in keeping them filled with water.

Arthur Hayes
07-17-2012, 08:13 AM
I have always used my mechanics mirror and a flashlight. To add water I use a battery bulb to suck the water out of the jug and then dispense it into the battery cell.

tarheel
07-17-2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks Art. I'll look for a mechanics mirror, that sounds like it will work. I would have thought with that tight of fit, the batteries would have been put on a slideout. Up to now, I kind of guessed at putting water in the back, that's probably why I had to buy new batteries. I was going to purchase a self watering system but my golf cart dealer friend said there were some issues with some of them.

Dick

RayChez1
07-19-2012, 05:07 PM
You need to install slideouts. I have them on my coach and they work great. Plenty of room to change and service the batteries.

fredaevans
07-22-2012, 03:15 PM
Don't forget to use anything but 'distilled water.' Batt's don't like tape water, no mater where it comes from.