PDA

View Full Version : Chirping sound

amroney
08-04-2012, 02:52 PM
Okay, this is weird - I picked up my coach after having some work done - a new radio installed, my
hot water heater control board replaced, checking on AC thermostats, etc. When I stopped at the
campground I was heading for, heard this Chirping sound when I turned the ignition off - never heard it before. I think the radio was
still on - could this cause that noise? The sound seemed to come from behind the driver's seat.
My coach is an '03 Sun Voyager.

Any thoughts? I'm supposed to head out tomorrow morning for Asheville, NC.

RayChez1
08-06-2012, 11:34 AM
It could be the radio if the coach was not moving, but if it was rolling I used to have a problem like that when the coach was brand new and it was annoying. Took it to a dealer and what they found was the small resilient pads that guide the slide in straight. And on mine it was right behind the drivers seat. So what they done, they ground off about an eighth of an inch off the pad and the chirping stopped.

LogansPapa
08-28-2013, 02:52 AM
Smoke dector battery going dead or co2 dector, or Co dector...or your have a cricket in your coach...

johno02
09-01-2013, 12:55 PM
My radio/CD player makes a stupid chirp each time it is turned off, or if power is removed. Apparently it is a feature of the radio, someone thought it wood be neet to know when it went off. Sound is through the speakers, so it can be heard all through the coach. Onde I found what is was, it is easier to ignore than try to fix.

howermj
09-01-2013, 06:10 PM
The Jensen radio unit in my 2000 Scenic Cruiser does the same thing. Scared the heck out of us the first week we owned the coach....