PDA

View Full Version : Ultra Leather Chair Repair?

tarheel
08-18-2012, 06:55 AM
One of the ultra leather chairs in our Tourmaster has the coating peeling from the fabric in a couple of places. Does anyone know of a recoating or repair product that might be available? I've contacted Flexsteel, but haven't heard from them as yet.

RayChez1
11-08-2012, 11:18 PM
I have not had any problems with the drivers or passenger seat pealing off like you mentioned, but my part leather and part ultra leather couch did start to look bad. So I took the cushions off and took them to an upholstery shop in Las Vegas. They done a good job, but this time they done it with ultra leather instead of the regular leather.

tarheel
11-09-2012, 06:25 AM
After I posted this subject, we left on a trip. By the time we got home, both chairs were in very bad shape because of the outer coating peeling off. Since that time, I have seen numerous threads on other sites of the same problem. Most of those coaches were 06 to 09 models. I talked to Flexsteel and they blamed the problem on the fabric that was chosen by the manufacture. Others tell me that their manufacturer blames it on Flexsteel. I ended up having an auto upholstery shop take the seats out and reupholster them in real leather. They now look much better than when new.