PDA

View Full Version : brake service on a 93 Sun voyager

nomad100
08-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Hi Folks, Gonna do an end of season service on my front brake calipers. I have not touched them before as all was well but now I suspect pistons are not sliding as they should.Is there a kit I can get before I start and where can I get it. This coach was manufactured 1993 .All advice gratefully received. Will keep a video diary of the whole procedure and info on parts sourcing which might help others .best regards, Nomad.

RayChez1
11-08-2012, 11:14 PM
What chassis does your coach have? I am sure that you can purchase just about any brake parts at any Napa parts store.

nomad100
12-29-2012, 06:33 PM
Despite a lack of interest or help from anyone I have now successfully serviced my brakes.I found a partly broken rear brake rotor and a disintegrated front brake pad caused by a leak from a faulty axle seal .I found what axles I had again finding difficulty in getting any advice and all is now in good order again. I am very dissappointed in the assistance I received from either forums or parts retailers

Nomad.

RayChez1
01-05-2013, 10:40 PM
Well, we try to help, but we got to have more information then what you furnished. It helps to know if it has a Ford or Chevy chassis. You got to realize that your coach is already twenty years old and many changes have been made through out the years.

But I am glad you got the problem solved.