PDA

View Full Version : Generator 2006 Tourmaster

Fl Mike
10-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Gen won't start, appears to have no power at all (won't even light up when you use the start switch). Anybody know of a fuse location to check?

Update: Spend most of the day taking all the batteries out and checking connections. House batteries (2 12 volts on bottom), chasis batteries (2 12 volts on top) and the four 6 volt batteries are all showing good numbers. Cleaned all connections and reassembled. Still no power to the generator, won't give any lights or anything when I try to start. Tried it from all three switches (on the generator, the driver's switch and the switch inside the cabinet in the coach). Getting very frustrated!! Any help greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks

tarheel
10-17-2012, 07:40 PM
Fl Mike-
Just a basic thought. Have you tried the various start switches? On a previous coach, my generator wouldn't start from the switch on the driver's panel area, but would at the switch on the generator. I tried several things until I thought of trying another switch. Problem was the main start switch that I normally used had to be replaced.
Dick

rescue7
10-21-2012, 03:02 PM
On the top front of the generator there is a circuit breaker, See if that is tripped.

rescue7
10-22-2012, 02:52 PM
On the generator right in front of the oil fill there is an access plate. If you open that up the radiator pressure cap is in there and two fuses. It pulls out hard and comes out about 6-7 inches. Check those fuses.

Don