PDA

View Full Version : Head light problem 2002 Scenic Cruiser

RayChez1
10-30-2012, 09:32 PM
First noticed that one head lamp only had one light that was working on dim. On bright all lights were working until today. I noticed while driving from Las Vegas to California that every time I tried to switch from bright to dim that a little red light flash would occur on the instrument panel. So when I got home I noticed that only one light was working. Need some experts as to what could be happening. I got under the coach and took the rubber cover off one of the lights hoping that it was a twist and change type bulb, but to my surprise it is like a very complicated system and it could be on whole sealed halogen light. Has anybody changed these type of lights or could it be a direct short some where. I checked the fuse and it is ok, but I am not sure if there are other fuses on the line next to the light. It says on the beam that it is a VO H1 light.

RayChez1
11-03-2012, 12:59 AM
Up date on my problem with the head lights. I was wrong about the high beams being out. I just didn't know that the ignition switch has to be on for the H1 high beam lights to go on. So as it turned out I only have to replace one H1 low beam light bulb. Cost around nine dollars. LOL! and here I have had this coach since 2003 bought brand new and did not know that my high beam lights only work when the ignition switch was on. WOW! :lol:

And the red light that would flicker was my seat belt light, not sure why that would flicker a bit, but I will keep an eye on that.

GStream40
11-03-2012, 10:49 AM
As RV'ers we learn something new everyday. Glad you got the headlight problem solved and posting what was "wrong" to save some of us time and energy. :mrgreen:

Ron

RayChez1
11-06-2012, 10:44 AM
Yesterday was a beautiful day to crawl under the coach and change out the halogen light bulb and I decided to do it since they told me that it would take about an hour at a repair facility. So at $125.00 PER hour I decided to do myself. I looked at the whole situation and I decided to drop the whole light beam and brackets that hold it in place. Three lag screws hold the bracket, so I took them off and the whole thing come out easy. Disconnected two wires and I laid it on my work bench. Took two retainer clips off the back of the bulb and out she comes. Replaced it with a new H1 55 watt bulb and bingo it was repaired. It took me about 15 minutes to do the whole job. Works perfect and I thought I would share my experience with other Gulf Stream owners because you can save yourself some big money. :wink: