PDA

View Full Version : Question on Shore power issue

GULFSTREAMER37
12-02-2012, 05:17 PM
Ok Coach is on Shore Power, 115 volt adapted to 50 amp cord, with Proper adapters, when I turn the ignition on to move my slides I lose the power supply to the front TV but not the TV in he bedroom.

So Here are my Questions

A) Why Does this Happen?

B) When or what should I do with Shore power, if Starting coach, or starting generator?

03heritagerider
12-02-2012, 06:05 PM
First - the TV. The coaches are wired so the front TV goes off when the ignition is turned on. This is for safety reasons, and here in PA, it's the law (no monitor is to be visible from the driver's position). Although they don't enforce where GPS is involved.

Second - Shore power. I've always disconnected the shore power prior to starting the generator, or turning on the inverter. I'm not sure it's necessary, but just not taking chances. I'm already on my 3rd transfer switch

Running the engine connected to shore power is O.K. as it does not change where the power comes into the coach.

:?: One point of curiosity - you stated "when I turn the ignition on to move my slides"...My slides will not move if the ignition is in the on position, or if the driver's seat is not completely forward.

GULFSTREAMER37
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
First - the TV. The coaches are wired so the front TV goes off when the ignition is turned on. This is for safety reasons, and here in PA, it's the law (no monitor is to be visible from the driver's position). Although they don't enforce where GPS is involved.

Second - Shore power. I've always disconnected the shore power prior to starting the generator, or turning on the inverter. I'm not sure it's necessary, but just not taking chances. I'm already on my 3rd transfer switch

Running the engine connected to shore power is O.K. as it does not change where the power comes into the coach.

:?: One point of curiosity - you stated "when I turn the ignition on to move my slides"...My slides will not move if the ignition is in the on position, or if the driver's seat is not completely forward.

Makes Perfect sense, it did not do this when I got it, but I was cleaning up some wiring disaster in the TV compartment and moved the TV plug to the Proper Power receptacle, Now I know why it is labeled TV power.

On mine the Seat must be fully forward key on or the slides don't work.

When I got it they worked key on only and I tore a molding off the slide against the drivers seat :oops:

I found the bracket for the safety switch was bent not allowing contact of the arm, fixed the molding and the switch bracket.

I do not have an inverter only a Converter INTELLIPOWER PD9180

Thanks for the Reply.