PDA

View Full Version : Power Gear 140-1179 manual hyd leveling

GULFSTREAMER37
12-02-2012, 05:25 PM
I did a search, found the factory owners manual, and found a couple issues with this system but not one that I am having.

When I go to Retract All, I turn the key on, then turn the power on, then hit Retract all, I hear the pump run and the coach come down, the Jacks down Light is on, the pump runs about 15-20 seconds then stops and the Jacks down Light goes out, but when I check the jacks are still on the ground or barely.

I hit retract all again and the same thing happens jacks down light goes on pump runs for 15-20 seconds and stop and the jacks down light goes out check the jacks and they are only a little higher.

I have to Hold the Retract all button and have someone watch the jacks to retract them all the way.

I found that the board can be reset so I did that with no luck.

Any Assistance is Appreciated.

Ted.

03heritagerider
12-03-2012, 04:11 PM
Since my coach was about a year old (out of warranty, of course) the jacks have not worked properly.

I have never been able to use the "automatic" leveling. I would hit the Auto Level switch and it would run for a bit then stop and read level, but it was visibly out of level.

I now level it manually. I hold the extend all switch until they all make contact with the ground(you can feel it move the coach). I set a two way level (front to back and side to side) on the floor in the center of the coach. My wife directs me as I hit the Front Pair, Back Pair, Right Pair and Left Pair switches, until the unit is level. The whole process takes about 2-3 minutes.

I also do my "Door check". After the bubbles in the floor level are in their marks, I open the shower door, medicine cabinet door and the toilet door. If they don't swing open or closed on their own, I know I'm good.

When I retract the jacks, I hold the retract all switch until I hear the motor change sounds indicating they are up. I always do a visual check anyway.

GULFSTREAMER37
12-15-2012, 08:59 AM
Since my coach was about a year old (out of warranty, of course) the jacks have not worked properly.

I have never been able to use the "automatic" leveling. I would hit the Auto Level switch and it would run for a bit then stop and read level, but it was visibly out of level.

I now level it manually. I hold the extend all switch until they all make contact with the ground(you can feel it move the coach). I set a two way level (front to back and side to side) on the floor in the center of the coach. My wife directs me as I hit the Front Pair, Back Pair, Right Pair and Left Pair switches, until the unit is level. The whole process takes about 2-3 minutes.

I also do my "Door check". After the bubbles in the floor level are in their marks, I open the shower door, medicine cabinet door and the toilet door. If they don't swing open or closed on their own, I know I'm good.

When I retract the jacks, I hold the retract all switch until I hear the motor change sounds indicating they are up. I always do a visual check anyway.

Talked with Powergearus and they said it is a pressure switch issue so I ran the tests for that and the switch is fine.

Turns out the fluid is too thick for the Northeast this time of year, causing the pressure in the valve body to drop before the rams are all the way up, so I am changing to a 10W hydraulic oil and will see how that works.