PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Visa 19 ERD

gdmercad
12-21-2012, 12:00 PM
Out for our first trip with our new Visa and have not experienced any serious issues to date. The only issues are as follows:
1. Our backwater level indicator continues to read 2/3 full, even though we only used it once. Found all the connection nuts finger tight. Tighten, but still have issues. Is there a way to reset or fix?
2. Not sure if the sewage valves are label correctly, after reading other Visa owner having problems with mislabeling. My valves are label outside the trailer left to right, Wastewater holding tank- Sewage outlet connection- Sewage holding tank. Is this correct? I do realize they may be labeled differently for different models. This would make a difference when dumping, for I am told to dump the sewage holding tank and then the wastewater tank. Is there any other way to tell when the sewage tank is getting close to full?

Any help would be appreciated.

charby
12-21-2012, 06:11 PM
Sorry to hear about loose connections? Which ones did you find?
1. The level indicaters sometimes get toilet paper on them, which can give false readings. I installed a Tornado tank washer which keeps things clean and reading correctly. Don't worry it will come loose next time.
2. The tanks are the same as mine, but I have an RGU, and not sure if the Visa 19's have different arrangements. You can run water in the sink with a pail under the disconnect when opening the waste water valve. If you don't get a prize :oops: you're OK.
Happy Camping!

heckufaguy
01-21-2013, 07:14 AM
I have also read (new to the whole TT thing) that some blackwater holding tanks will also have the bathroom basin or shower empty into them. Being that it'll help 'flush' out the tank vs. just having waste deposited in it. Might be worth looking in to?

Gulfstream is really terrible on technical information on their products via the web. We just bought a 19KD from them (not the Visa.. was too light for my tastes) and it's amazing what I cannot find listed about them.