PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard Switch for Radio

stargazer66
12-31-2012, 11:56 PM
I have a 2002 GS Friendship on a Freightliner chassis. One of the dashboard switches is related to the radio or the 6 ceiling mounted speakers (has a musical note icon - two eighth notes?). How does this switch function with the radio/speakers? In particular does it allow you to play the radio while camped without draining the chassis (starting) batteries? Thanks,

Koop
01-01-2013, 10:32 AM
On my Sun Voyager that's exactly what the switch does. In the off position the radio works off of the chassis battery (15 terminal - key on only). In the on position the radio is powered by the house batteries.

stargazer66
01-01-2013, 08:04 PM
Mike, thanks for responding. I had assumed that the switch was to allow us to use the radio while camped, which we did for many weeks, but then when pulling up anchor...the chassis batteries where almost dead. We started thinking that it could have been because of the radio but I wasn't quite convinced; especially when we got home and learned that the batteries, (we just recently bought the Friendship), were 7 years old. We won't be overlooking that again!

RayChez1
01-05-2013, 10:28 PM
It would take a lot of radio playing for the batteries to run down. On mine the big switch on the dash with the two musical notes will turn the radio on or off with the ignition turned off. The speakers on mine have fantastic sound. We really enjoy listening to XM radio.